Hex Layers – Small Changes, big results
Hex Layers are one of my favorite features of the XW-P1. They offer some amazing capabilities and can create some HUGE sounds. There are 50 Hex Layer presets in the XW-P1 and room for 50 user presets. Some of my favorite sounds in the XW-P1 started with existing presets that I just made some basic changes to. Since the XW-P1 offers so much control it is easy to do.
Start with Hex Layer Preset 0:0 XW PolySynth and press the EDIT button.
- Press Enter again to enter Layer Edit
- Scroll down until you find the PAN parameter set this later to -64
- Use the Part+ button to move to Layer2 and set it’s pan position to +64
- Go to Layer 3 and set Pan to +32
- Go to Layer 4 and set Pan to -32
- Set Layer 5 to -12 and Layer6 to +12
When you play the keyboard, this should already have a lot more depth.
Now use Knobs 1-4 to make some other changes.
- Knob1: Filter
- Knob2: Layer Detune
- Knob3: Attack
- Knob4: Release
You can quickly and easily turn this Polysynth into an amazing and HUGE pad. When you’re done press the WRITE button and save this new Hex Layer tone.